The Sexsmith Shannon Library has reopened to the public as of Tuesday June 16th!
Our new summer hours are as follows:
Library services will continue to be limited in some areas and new procedures have been put in place to help protect the safety of our staff and customers.
- A maximum of three people (excluding staff) will be allowed in the library at one time for library services. Please limit the number of people coming in from your household whenever possible.
- A sanitation station will be set up in the front foyer for the use of customers on arrival and departure.
- Customers will be asked to check in with the front desk staff on arrival, in accordance with municipal policy. In order to maintain some privacy for our customers, we will be using library barcodes for check in rather than names. Please bring your library card to aid in this process.
- Two public computers will be available in 30 minute time slots by appointment only. Please call to book a time slot. Computer users are not counted toward the three customer limit, and will be restricted to computer services.
- Unfortunately, there will be no public washroom access for the time being.
- We will be requiring customers to wear masks and sanitize their hands in order to browse our shelves. Please bring your own mask if you have one. For those who do not have masks, disposable masks will be available at the front desk. If you are unable or unwilling to wear a mask, you will be asked to wait at the desk while staff collect your items for you.
- All items must be returned through the book drop in front of the library, with the exception of DVDs, which may be returned at the desk. All returns will be isolated for a minimum of three days and check ins will be delayed.
- Curbside services remain available at this time during all library open hours.
- Staff will be sanitizing all surfaces regularly, with special attention paid to high traffic and high touch areas. Washable keyboards have been installed at the public computers and all computer elements will be sanitized between users.
- All fabric furniture has been removed, along with excess seating. We are encouraging customers to limit their time in the library for the sake of other users.
- For additional information, watch Facebook and our website or check the bulletin board outside our front doors.